American guest conductor Jeffery Meyer joins TPO to perform American composer Aaron Copland’s Symphony No. 3, a magnificent symphonic work containing one of Copland’s most recognizable melodies – the Fanfare for the Common Man. The program also features young Thai violinist Pitchayapa Lueangtawikit performing Saint-Saëns’ Violin Concerto No. 3.
- 5 July 2013 / 7.00 p.m. / MACM
- 6 July 2013 / 4.00 p.m. / MACM
Pitchayapa Lueangtawikit, Violin
- Narong Prangcharoen: The Migration of Lost Souls for Orchestra (2013)
- Camille Saint-Saëns: Violin Concerto No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 61
- Aaron Copland: Symphony No. 3